The CIPR Corporate & Financial Group is one of the sectoral groups within the Chartered Institute of Public Relations, the world’s only Royal Chartered professional body for public relations practitioners, with nearly 10,000 members who are recognised PR professionals.
We are seeking an additional volunteer Committee member to help support our media talks and events programme.
• Work with fellow committee members to create an engaging programme of events for our members, which typically includes:
o Lunchtime talks from business and financial journalists
o Panel discussions on topics ranging from the future of work to trends in ESG
• You would help:
o Come up with ideas and themes for new events
o Identify and invite potential speakers and panellists
o Help with event planning and marketing
• Attend monthly committee meetings (x 10 per year held early evening)
• Have an interest in current business, financial and communications trends
• Would suit a mid-career candidate from an in-house or agency background, who engages with the business and financial media as part of their role
• Able to make the time to get involved with an industry group
• Want to grow your network and build social capital along the way
• Membership of the CIPR is preferred although the successful candidate could join the CIPR on appointment
About the CIPR Corporate & Financial Group
The aims of the CIPR Corporate & Financial Group are to improve understanding of the role and value of corporate and financial public relations, to promote the highest standards of professional practice, and to provide opportunities for our members to hear from and debate with senior management and media involved in our industry. Our members fall into four overall categories: financial institutions; general industry and commerce; specialist financial and corporate communications consultancies; and government regulatory bodies.
We actively encourage and welcome interest from volunteers from Black, Asian and other Ethnic Minority backgrounds as part of our commitment to grow diverse representation among the Committee membership.
Please send a brief expression of interest, including a short cover letter and CV or link to your LinkedIn profile by 7 August 2021 to Sue Owen at firstname.lastname@example.org