about the group
The Corporate and Financial Group of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the professional body for practitioners of corporate and financial communications. Our purpose is to serve our 650 or so members and the profession by offering:
- access – to leaders in business, the media, and the City, at our events
- networking – amongst our peer group and other senior practitioners
- guidance on best practice – particularly on matters which directly support the credibility and effectiveness of our profession in delivering value to senior decision makers in business and corporate life
- representation – on regulatory issues or other matters affecting our collective licence to operate, acting as an authoritative voice for our profession.
Our events include:
- lunchtime meetings in the City on the second Tuesday of every month at which senior journalists and industry leaders are invited to give us an insight into their worlds
- a summer party for members and guests to network within the corporate and financial community
- an annual dinner with a high-profile speaker such as Margaret Hodge MBE, MP, Sir Martin Sorrell, Lionel Barber and Hector Sants
- visits, for example to Number 10, Downing Street and to newspaper offices such as the Guardian, Telegraph, Sky News, BBC where we have been taken on a tour and attended editorial meetings
- best practice seminars such as the launch of Through the Thicket, our guide to financial PR
The Corporate and Financial Group is run by volunteers, supported by the Group’s Administrator, Sue Owen. The main committee meets monthly in Central London.