about the group
The Corporate and Financial Group of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is the professional body for practitioners of corporate and financial communications. Our purpose is to serve a membership of over 1,000 and the profession by offering:
- access – to leaders in the worlds of business, the media, law and the City, at our events
- networking – amongst our peer group and senior practitioners
- guidance on best industry practice and career development
Our events include:
- lunchtime and evening meetings in the City including our monthly speaker lunches on the second Tuesday of every month at which senior journalists and industry leaders are invited to give us an insight into daily lives and how practitioners can best communicate with them. Also, roundtable debates on important topics such as the communication of the EU referendum campaign. View the full list of past speakers.
- a summer party for members and guests to network within the communications community
- an annual dinner with a high-profile speaker such as Nicky Morgan MP, Margaret Hodge MBE, MP, Sir Martin Sorrell, Lionel Barber and Hector Sants
- visits, for example to Number 10, Downing Street and to newspaper offices such as The Guardian, THe Daily Telegraph and broadcasters such as Sky News, BBC where we have been taken on a tour and attended editorial meetings
- best practice seminars such as working with the legal community in times of crisis and reputation management; understanding the requirements of a senior corporate affairs director, and what it takes to hold a position on the Executive Committee of a PLC.
The Corporate and Financial Group is run by volunteers, supported by the Group’s Administrator, Sue Owen. The main committee meets monthly in Central London. The Commitee also receives guidance from the Corporate and Financial Group Advisory Board.