The Corporate and Financial Group is the professional body for corporate and financial communications practitioners. We have an extensive programme of events with senior journalists and industry figures as speakers - attending these events is also a great way to meet peers. You can also find best practice information and event reports on our website.
12 January 2016 - David Smith, Economics Editor
David Smith, Economics Editor - The Sunday Times is an award winning British journalist and author. Born and brought up in the West Midlands, David studied at the Universities of Wales, Oxford and London. He has been Economics Editor of The Sunday Times since 1989. He is also Chief Leader-Writer, Assistant Editor and policy adviser, and writes the ‘On the Home Front’ in the Home section of the paper. David writes regular columns for Tax Journal, Estates Gazette and other publications.
2016 Lunchtime meetings
Programme of events for first half of 2016: 12.30 pm buffet – 1 pm speaker
Venue: AXA - 5 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1AD
• Tuesday 12 January: David Smith - Economics Editor - The Sunday Times
• Tuesday 9 February: James Ball, formerly of The Guardian and WikiLeaks, and now Special Correspondent at Buzzfeed
• Tuesday 8 March: Christian May, CityAM Editor
• Tuesday 12 April: Kirsty Good, Sky News Business Editor
• Tuesday 10 May: Panel on EU
• Tuesday 14 June: Joel Hills, ITV News